I have been primarily writing for a Tamil speaking astrologer community, who may not have any background in data science. This page is a collection of translated version of those articles written in Tamil. I am posting translated version for the benefit of my friends, who can’t read Tamil. These articles would have a strong flavour of astrology and certain level of astrological domain expertise is required to understand and appreciate the content.
These are original articles with underlying international copy rights. Please refer to this disclaimer section for fair usage guidelines.
Expect some lag in publishing articles in English version.
இக்கட்டுரைகளை தமிழில் படிக்க, இங்கே கிளிக் செய்யவும்.
- Review of some popular Astrology Softwares
Collection of Articles
- E021 The Zodiac and 27 Nakshatras: An Astronomical Perspective – Part 5 (Final Part)Nakshatra positions In this final part of the series, we will delve into nakshatra positions of 73 taras in ecliptic grid and how their placement has helped […]
- E020 The Zodiac and 27 Nakshatras: An Astronomical Perspective – Part 4Astronomical data on Nakshatras We are going to look at astronomical data of nakshatra taras in this article. If you haven’t read earlier essays in this series, […]
- E019 The Zodiac and 27 Nakshatras: An Astronomical Perspective – Part 3Those 27 Nakshatras If you haven’t read first and second parts of this series, please get started from there for a better understanding. In the first two […]
- E018 The Zodiac and 27 Nakshatras: An Astronomical Perspective – Part 2Length of Rashis Important Note: This article has been updated with better data on 29-Jun-2020. References to celestial grid coordinates have been replaced with Ecliptic grid coordinates […]
- E017 The Zodiac and 27 Nakshatras: An Astronomical Perspective – Part 1Our ancient astrologers possessed sound astronomical knowledge. They were knowledgeable to identify key nakshatras, planets and their positions, Rasi that is arising on eastern horizon without the […]
- E016 Lunar Parallax Correction and its implications on Dasa Bhukthi CalculationsOne of the basic principles of Vimsottari dasa system in vedic astrology is division of time into Dasa Bhukthi, which is further driven by moon’s placement in […]
- E012. Exaltation and debilitation of planets – Testing astronomically – Part 2 of 2Verse 423 from Thirukkural ” From whomsoever heard, knowing the truth by discerning is wisdom “. This article is the second part of a two-part series. If […]
- E011. Exaltation and debilitation of planets – Testing astronomically – Part 1 of 2This article is an attempt to look at some of the astrological constructs from an astronomical perspective, in the hope that we will be able to find […]
- E010. Importance of research mindset for an AstrologerOne of the basic tenets of Vedic astrology is the exaltation and debilitation of planets. For example, planet Jupiter is stated to exalt at 5 degrees in […]
- E008. Which Astrological System is the best?“Known is little. Unknown is an Ocean!“ Avvaiyar, Lady Tamil Poet of Sangam Times One of the common questions among astrologer community is “Which astrological system is […]
- E004. Reliability of basic astrological data and data quality considerationsThis article emphasizes the need to validate any data before using it, and more specifically elaborates this prerequisite by elaborating the data quality issues associated with birth […]
- E003: A brief history of Astrology and the need to build a strong longitudinal astrological data baseIn simple terms, Astrology can be defined as Applied Astronomy (VP Jain*). Our ancestors were great observers and they closely watched movement of various celestial bodies and […]
- E002. Quick Introduction to AstrologyFor the beginners and Skeptics: We are part of the universe and in a way, we are a small replica of universe itself! Hence, what is happening […]
- E001. My vision of AI ML in AstrologyIf one approach Astrology from a mathematical perspective, it lends itself as a candidate for implementing Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning. New technological developments like […]